Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Less Than Whole" by Big Kenny (Scriptural Comparison by R3V.Jt)

My friend, Big Kenny, recently uploaded this song; and after the first time listening to it, I couldn't help but see the relationship between this song and the entire body of work that I am currently putting together dealing with love, forgiveness, and being totally reconciled back to God through what Jesus Christ did on the cross.

After all; one of the last things Jesus said, while having his clothes ripped apart, was "Father forgive them; for they know not what they do." Luke 23:34.  
What God is wanting us to see is: the little things we experience in life, pale in comparison to what Jesus endured because of God's desire to have us reconciled back to Him, through the final sacrifice of Jesus.

This is a wonderful song about forgiveness, and I love the line that says "It's even better to give than to get it.  I've been forgiven so I should know."  Wow... The power in that declaration... If you've been forgiven before, then you indeed fully know how great it feels to be forgiven; so why not pass that feeling along to everyone you ever meet... Even if they haven't done anything wrong to you; walk up and say "Forgiven..."  Find someone else and simply say...  "Forgiven..."  Don't stop there, there's someone else that really needs to know that they're... "Forgiven..."!!!

Be blessed by, my friend, Big Kenny!!!  (Listen all the way through once, and then come back and follow along with the scriptural references.)



The scriptural references are as follows...


The grey skies have departed; the stars light up the night.
Isaiah 66:23 - And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Now I can see through darkness.
John 8:12 - Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

The river shine with life.
John 4:13b-14 - "Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."
&
John 7:38 - "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

I've waded through the water; my soul is coming clean.
Psalm 51:7 - "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
&
Isaiah 1:18 - "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow: though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I’ve held my breath forever, but now it’s time to breathe.
1 Corinthians 15:22 - "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."

There’s nothing like forgiveness; to resurrect a soul. Better to give then get it
I’ve been forgiven so I’m letting ya know.
John 20: 21-23 - "Then said Jesus to them again, 'Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.' And when he had said this he breathed on them, and saith unto them, 'Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.'"

Ain’t nobody should be less than whole.
Mark 2:17 - "When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, 'They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'"

So many broken people; their hearts forgot to beat.
2 Corinthians 10:7 - Do ye look on things after the outward appearance?  If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's even so are we Christ's.

Grown numb no one's forgiven.  Go on forgive yourself...  (I say go on forgive yourself...)
John 8:10-11 - When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, 'Woman, where are those thing accusers? hath no man condemned thee?' She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, 'Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.'"


Thank you Big Kenny... What a wonderful song.  
God has blessed you!
R3V.Jt


No comments:

Post a Comment